Sunday 22 September 2013

Day 245: Look at the roses, again

The other rose
Day 245 (8 August) Thursday. The Ekka starts today. There is also some news at work that will mean a few changes in priorities over the next few weeks, or months. That's OK. 

Breakfast, at 6.12am
Sometimes I can't help but marvel at the iPhone camera. Notwithstanding the money I have spent on actual cameras over the years, the phone camera never ceases to amaze with what it comes up with. The pic of the rose is raw, as is, no filters. It is one of my favourites this year. Timely, since over the next few days I will find out how my pics went at the Ekka. I remain a little anxious as a first-timer. 

After class, at 6.12pm
As a Sydney-born person, I've not been a huge fan of the Ekka but in recent years I have returned since my friends (and colleagues) wrote a marvellous history of the Ekka. The usual plan is to drop in on the way home from the university Open Day, this Sunday. But before then...work. 

Work is a little distracted but we get there. At 6.12pm, the teaching is all but done and there are some emails to attend to before the return trip home. 

It really is time to look at the roses. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.