Sunday 23 June 2013

Day 198: The GC has its moments

The Gold Coast (Miami), at midday
Day 198 (22 Jun) Saturday. No musical commitments today so that gives me a chance to head down the Gold Coast to visit my mum. We're going house viewing, as we do from time to time. 

Bit of sleep in, bit of a read to start the day around 6.12am. Quite good to be getting out of town since all the Lions (Rugby Union) fans have descended upon Brisbane for a test tonight against the Wallabies. Lots of people in red jumpers around. 

Reading, at 6.12am
The news, at 6.12pm
The house we're looking at today is down near my old high school where I was a few weeks ago. Quite nice, but naturally I was distracted by the beach. Always enjoy spending the day wandering around the place with mum...browsed through a few shops and had lunch at our favourite Mexican restaurant at the other end of the Coast. Back to mum's for afternoon tea and I was just about to leave at 6.12pm when the news was on. 

The rest of Saturday night was spent marking and listening to a performance of Dame Edna with the Sydney Symphony...Carnival of the Animals and Juanita the Lobster...goodness. 

I believe the visiting football team won. Julia Gillard remains prime minister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.